Latest Posts

Fairy Garden - How to make a mini clothes line for your fairies

By 15:31:00 , ,

I know how much you all loved my post the other day on fairy gardens so I thought I'd do another post on my latest addition to my fairy garden - a mini clothes line. Read on full the full tutorial or if you want to create your own fairy garden first click here to read the original tutorial

Fairy Garden Accessories


It was actually a very easy and straightforward activity to do and is a lovely activity you could do with older children.

Here's how I did it...

You will need:

2 sticks (or 1 stick cut in half :-P) 3-4" long for each is best
Wool or string
mini pegs - mine were £1 from the works for a large bottle
Felt - I bought a pack for £2 from the works but only used half a sheet

How to make a mini clothes line for your fairies:

1. Take your sticks and push them into the soil on your fairy garden with a gap of about 6" between each one.

2. Tie your string or wool around one of the sticks a few times and knot it firmly and then do the same on the other side and then cut leaving a small tail.

3. Now for the fun - make your fairy clothes by cutting small outlines out of the felt ensuring they will fit on your fairy line. You could also embellish them with buttons, sequins and other pieces of felt - go with your creative juices and see what you and your children can come up with. Alternatively you can just cut out some simple outlines as I did above - I think they still look good.

4. Peg your 'felt fairies clothes' to your washing line

5. Admire your work!!!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. My fairy garden plants are looking a little worse for wear right now due to lack of watering and warm weather (and my lack of greenfingers) but I still think this looks cute.

I do have some more ideas for things I can add to my garden - why not like me on Facebook, or follow me on bloglovin' and twitter (@cotswold_mum) so that you are the first to know when I upload my next tutorial.

If you've made your own I'd love to see them and you can either post on my Facebook page or tweet me the link.


What else do you think a fairy garden needs? - Comment in the posts below and you never know you might inspire a future tutorial ;-)

Hot Pink Wellingtons


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This is so cute! Thank you for sharing :) #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it turned out better that I thought #sharingthebloglove

      Delete
  2. How cute is this idea! I think felt is just destined to be cute whatever you do with it, but those teeny pegs are just adorable! I'd be making a big pair of polkadot bloomers for my line I think. Thanks so much for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of polkadot bloomers (I envisage them in red and white). let me know if you decide to make some #sharingthebloglove

      Delete
  3. This is so cute, I love it! My girls would go crazy for a fairy garden with a little clothes line. Those teeny pegs are just the cutest ever. What fun! Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove Laura x

    ReplyDelete